Tuesday 13 May 2008

3 7 Beautiful Things

The idea is 3BT, but I just had such a great day...

  1. Lunch with C and A, who I haven't seen for a while.

  2. Buying Breakfast at Tiffany's on DVD from Borders for $10! Majorly excited; haven't seen it in full yet, so looking forward to it.

  3. Eating my mother's super-delicious chocolate cake that she made for me. Rich, but so yummy.

  4. This video, posted by Du'loque. Cracks me up every time.

  5. Winning tonight's debate, even though only one other person from my team showed up and someone from another team had to swing for us. The topic was that cheap air fare should be sacrificed in the fight against global warming and we were affirmative. Appropriately, I was wearing my favourite t-shirt, which says SAVE OUR PLANET. Had the following note passing conversation with the first speaker during the third negative speaker's speech:

  6. -Me: Our model is being misinterpreted!
    -1st. Speaker: :(
    -Me: uh-oh [when she pointed out that we hadn't really addressed the issue of cheap flights but flights in general.]
    ...
    -Me: putting words in our mouth
    -1st Speaker: yes, I think she's overplaying her attack
    -Me: using pre-prepared rebuttal
    ...
    -Me: the opposition overlooked that too (could have been their model) [cutting down use of cars]
    -1st Speaker: should have been their model
    -1st Speaker: we need to be more specific in our model so they can't put words in our mouth
    -Me: deliberate misinterpretation
    -1st Speaker: :( again
    ...(after she'd finished, about two minutes overtime)
    -1st Speaker: Her overtime helps us
    -Me: :)

    As you can see, our main issue with the third speaker was that she didn't seem to understand our model, and hence kept rebutting all these arguments we didn't make. The best part was that on the way down in the lift (wasn't there but 1st Speaker was) the third negative speaker asked for some personal feedback from the adjudicator and he said "you shouldn't misrepresent what the other team is saying." So, we win on all fronts!

  7. Talking to Gemini tonight on the phone.

  8. Deciding to get my ears pierced. Before my birthday.
x
Just a girl

3 comments:

-M said...

:) that was a very nice 3BT.

i just bought Breakfast at Tiffany's too!! also for $10, well actually $9.95 for my mum (i.e for me) for mothers day.

and that video was hilarious, i watched it twice...:)

Yay! im glad you're getting ur ears done! :)

x M


...i wish i was eating chocolate cake.

Sharanya said...

Have you heard the song "Breakfast at Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something? Very holiday-like song :) I've ALWAYS wanted to see Breakfast at Tiffany's..now I want to see it even more!
Ooh, your birthday!! When is it??So what are your plans?

Just a girl said...

M: Sadly, no more chocolate cake. I ate it all. ;-)

N: Yep, I love that song. My b'day is in 15 days, i.e. 31 May, so mega-excited! Planning to go out for lunch with some friends from school the Tuesday before and on Friday night go out for dinner with college and friends and have a bit of a girls' night in, watch a movie, that kind of thing. And my parents are coming down for the weekend, so that will be nice. =)

x
JAG