Tuesday 27 May 2008

Avant Card Tuesday

I've got a bit of a penchant for collecting things, particularly postcards, and especially if they're free, which they tend to be around Melbourne, if they're advertisements or artwork. So a little bit of a regular feature on this blog is going to be "Avant Card," based on all the groovy/inspirational/just plain pretty postcards I pick up around the place, produced, incidentally, by Avant Card.




I call this one "old school cool," and the clever (or lazy) thing is, they're using an advertisement as an advertisement for the exhibition "Drugs: a social history," at the Melbourne Museum. 9 May - 5 October, if anyone's interested; from smoking cannabis for asthma relief to using opium-laced syrups to calm teething infants, this insightful exhibition examines Australia's drug taking history.

***

I was rereading an email from my Democracy Co-ordinator, to see what we're going to cover in the lecture today, when I noticed he said this:

Good luck in this the final week of the subject, and also as you embark upon your exam preparation, though it would probably be optimistic to expect this revision to begin immediately...

At least he's realistic.

***

Hold on to your hats, people! 4 days until the big 1-8. Me? Excited? Slightly. Though as someone said to me yesterday, "you're excited about everything." Which kind of sums me up.

x
Just a girl

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally get that..I collect SCORES of things! We have this free postcard system here in Bombay too, except that it's a company called Cards4u and I collect as many of those as I can find but I don't know why I do!

Love,
N.

Ps-I'm excited too! I can't wait for your birthday post :)

Z said...

lovely!!

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

That patience thing is so horrible. I had the longest hair I'd ever had, and I was so happy. But taking a shower and then catching like, 20 strands of hair in my hands made me realize that it was dying, and it needed chopping off. I've always been jealous of long-haired people (look at me calling them that, as if they were another species or something). One day....:)

Thank you, the header is kind of nice isn't it?

I actually just put the icons together in paint and then added it as a pciture in full scale to the sidebar.

Thanks! xoxo

/Diana

P.S. I wish you a very, very happy early birthday. I easily forget these things (unless I see them on Facebook :P) so here's a birthday wish in case....:P

anahit said...

I ADORE postcards. One of my walls is literally paved in them...so I'm gonna be looking forward to this lil' fixture :) I'm gonna check out this avant card.

and you are so damn lucky you get them for free!!!!

ooooh, and an early happy birthday too :)xxx

SKYLA said...

Hey JAG,
forgot to add-
the polka dot wedges are a UK size 6/EU 39. I think they could fit a UK 5 too though, depending on your shoe size.
If you're interested/want more pictures/details/anything else just email me, you can find my email on my blog. =) x

Anonymous said...

You stopped doing the postcard thing! :(

~Sharan


Ps: Also? I'm slightly bemused by my decision to call myself NOMADICA. Wow, so much has changed :D