Saturday 17 May 2008

Start Killing Your Friends!

That's right, people, Assassins has begun in college!

I've never played this game before, but I've read about it in Prep. Basically, you are assigned a 'target' whom you have to 'kill' with some kind of weapon. These are the rules:

  • You cannot kill them in the Dining Hall, bathrooms or their room (these are safe areas)
  • There must be no witnesses
  • You must kill your target with a weapon
  • If you kill anybody that isn't your target, anybody can kill you! (you are placed on the Most Wanted list)
  • If you do not kill your target within three days, you will be placed on the Most Wanted list, and anyone can kill you
  • You may kill someone in self defence, even if they are not your target
  • Once you successful killed your target, you will be assigned a new one

Some 50 or more people were killed in the first two days, and I believe there are only some 20 people left in the game, although no one is too clear. I haven't been killed, nor have I killed anybody (yet; I'm not sure why I'm not on the Most Wanted list yet, or why no attempts have been made on my life.) The atmosphere around college in this first week has been hilarious; suspicious and paranoid. No one walks around by themselves; everyone tries to find people to walk to the Dining Hall with, or to uni, or to tutes, etc. Everyone carries a weapon; eg letter opener, plastic club, toy gun, silly string as mace, plastic knives (me), cardboard daggers, etc. My target, in particular, is "guarded" every moment of the day, and it has been near impossible to even approach him by himself.

It also got fairly catty, what with people disputing how they were killed, assassins assassinating anybody (and thus getting picked off themselves - see #4) and accusations of the whole thing being "rigged."

I wonder how long this will go on...

x
Just a girl

5 comments:

-M said...

that sounds like so much fun :)

Anonymous said...

ahahaha this sounds like the most hilarious game ever :P

SKYLA said...

wow, this sounds like an amazing game! i love things like this, maybe it's the inner child in me.

Anonymous said...

My friend had this going down in her dorm. She had far too much fun running around with a finger gun, singing the Mission Impossible theme song.

Q said...

Ohmygod! I read that book last week! What a coincidence, huh?
Funfun. Don't get too carried away!

xoxraynex