Wednesday 28 May 2008

This is why I love Wikipedia

I was clicking through Wikipedia, looking up ages of consent and the like when I stumbled across this, with regard to the age of consent in Antartica:

"While there are no specific age of consent laws in the Antarctic, in the unlikely event of a minor engaging in sexual activity, under the Antarctic Treaty, scientists and support staff stationed there may be subject to the laws of the party of which they are nationals."

LOL. Need I say more?

x
Just a girl

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone is clearly on a major procrastination roll. Three entries in an hour? haha.

Also I think I remember reading this wiki too in the past and thinking, wtf?! very amusing stuffs. the map itself on the article is pretty interesting though. I had no idea there were different ages of consent for different Aus states!

Just a girl said...

Procrastination roll, lol. Actually, I wasn't really...I just kept getting distracted. Gah. And I still haven't started that bloody essay, I'm so screwed and I've got no one to blame but myself.

Bangs head against wall. Repeatedly.

Hasn't been a good night.

x
JAG

Supporting people at critical times said...

Wikipedia rocks! xo