Thursday 15 May 2008

Wednesday One Liners Need Explaining To

Overheard in yesterday's Ecological History lecture.

Student sitting behind me: At high school, nobody cared what you wore, and now at uni, everyone cares about being cool again. I feel like I'm back in fucking primary school!
His friend: It's the presence of females.

*

Lecturer: back then [in the 18th century] they had forms of contraception such as coitus interuptus...
Student sitting behind me, explaining to another: She means pulling it out.

*

Lecturer: And that's why they had Sunday school.
Front row student: Are you serious?
Lecturer: Yes.
[laughter]
Student sitting behind me, explaining again: they [parents] sent their kids to Sunday school so they could have sex...

[Title inspired by Overheard in New York]

x
Just a girl

5 comments:

-M said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Funniest thing I’ve heard all day!

here's something disturbing that i heard today (but wish i hand't):
English teacher (kinda old): so how was you're date with Steve last night?
biology teacher (youngish):yeah it was F***ing awesome!
English teacher : wow really, did you get to home base?
biology teacher : haha yeah. in the back seat!

...and as you can imagine, that’s when i stopped listening. Who talks like that? Even teenagers? it was utterly disturbing. i can never look at either of them again without picturing that image. :|

-M

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love listening in on conversations. People say the stupidest shit.

Just a girl said...

M: Ewwww! Waaaay TMI.

A: Yes, yes, they do, esp. when they think other people aren't listening!

x
JAG

K. said...

Oh wow... I swear I've had the "coitus interruptus" conversation before! I was reading a friend's Western Civ. textbook and started laughing about the "population control" methods, esp. that one. Friend asked me what it meant...

"It means they pulled out! Bahahahahaha!"

SKYLA said...

haha do this more often! i love it.