Friday 30 May 2008

Who needs a boyfriend when my friends give me chocolate and flowers?

So, for a while now I've been thinking...


[I've got the life I love...but not the love I want in life.]

But then I realised, screw having a boyfriend; my friends are the best people I have in my life!

This epiphany came about on Tuesday, when I went out to lunch with 15 school friends as an early birthday celebration.

It was fabulous, really. It was great just to catch up with everyone, because even though most of us go to the same uni (and some of us even do the same course), we don't bump into each other very often, if at all. Also, I was spoiled with presents (earrings - my first pair of pierced ones!, chocolate, a necklace, a book of quotes, an iTunes gift voucher and a beautiful bunch of flowers, the first time anyone's ever given me flowers) I was flattered and touched. By everything. Especially when they lit 18 candles on this tiny little chocolate cake (it was delicious) and sang me happy birthday.







Point being, it showed me just how much these people mean to me, and I them, considering the effort I know they went to just to come. So for the time being, those wistful feelings of want and desire are placated. Thank you to the dear and wonderful people I feel privileged to call my friends.


Tonight I'm going down to Lygon St with some girls from college for dessert - gelato, a chocolateria, whatever takes our fancy - and coming back to watch Kate & Leopold, which I've never seen but I'm told is good.

Almost 4 hours to go...

x
Just a girl

6 comments:

-M said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR VERY SOOON :)

Kate & Leopold is great :)
It's so true, chocolate (yum), flowers (gorgeous ), friends (amazing)...asking for something better than this would be selfish! :D anything extra is a major bonus!

Sounds like you had a great time!

x M

p.s yay for ur first pair of real earings! :)

Anonymous said...

did I take that photo? Hahahaha.

I have decided that boys are overrated. the end.

Have a good night, I shall message you tomorrow :D xx

jacques du'loque said...

So are you gonna drink or not? =P

Just a girl said...

Hey Du'loque,

It's about 10 past 1 in the morning here, so I'm now officially an 18 year old. Wow. Stayed up late watching the movie, and the girls gave me a big ass wine glass (it's enoooormous) and some champagne, so yeah, I've had my first glass. Didn't fill it, mind, because I'm sure that would have knocked me over the edge.

How anti-climactic was that?! ;-)

As to whether this will be a regular basis...who knows?

x
JA(18YO)G

jacques du'loque said...

And just a while ago you were so sure it was a one-time deal...

But, anyways, happy birthday! You can now be tried as an adult in a court of law.

K. said...

Sounds awesome. Wish I had your friends. =)

Happy now-you-can-be-tried-as-an-adult day!