Thursday 11 August 2011

JAG, BA


















When I graduated, my mother made me this gorgeous chocolate bouquet, and that little blue robe for the bear - she even made sure it was the right shade of blue to match my gown! :)


I graduated with A, one of my closest friends from college - which was super lucky, not to mention all kinds of wonderful, because I had to apply to change my graduation date as the only day I was available was the day before I flew out to Hawaii! I'm so glad we got to graduate together - it was a fitting end to our undergraduate career together :D Sadly we didn't get to wear hats (MU wants to be fancy like Oxford, and consider us not worthy until we have completed postgrad study), but we looked pretty fabulous all the same!


Honestly, the ceremony wasn't a big deal - it was just in Wilson Hall on campus (wish it had been in the REB - much prettier!) and I was struggling to stay awake the whole time (can't remember why I'd been up all night before!) - the Valedictory speaker was, let's be honest, kind of boring, and I was super nervous about the whole ceremony of it, nodding to all the important people (Chancellor, Academic Dean, etc etc) plus trying not to fall over in my heels! All in all a success - I didn't fall over or down the stairs, and I managed to look pretty good in my grad photos! Success. It was also a gorgeous, sunny, warm day in mid-December. However, the Dean did manage to epically fail in pronouncing my name - not only my last name (which I expected - the spelling is deceptive!) but also somehow managed to desecrate my first name (it's not an unusual, rare or uncommon name, or spelled differently!) and call me something else entirely. Pretty funny though!


Also graduated with a girl from work, which was lovely - and a friend from home, who I went to primary school with, and then boarding school. It seems we just keep graduating together! 
x
JAG

No comments: